We all have those days when we just can’t anymore and need a break from the world around us. This is a cue to practice some self-care! Here are a few of my favorite ways to practice self-care that I think you will enjoy too!
1. The first, and my personal favorite, way to practice self-care is reading! Reading is a form of escapism and is perfect for when you just want to get out of your head. If you are unsure about what book to read, try the Book of the Month subscription. I started it this year in January and have loved it so far! If you don’t want a subscription, I always have what I’m reading in my Book Club section and some of my all time favorites!
2. The second way to practice self-care is to get moving! Whether it’s yoga, a hardcore workout, or just going for a walk; getting moving is a great way to clear your head and take a breather. Physical exercise will release serotonin, the feel good drug for your body, and make you just feel so much better!
3. The third way is to light a candle and just relax. You could relax in a bath and listen to music while you drink wine or you could light a candle and write or journal for a little while!
4. The fourth way you can practice self-care is through unplugging. We live in a world where technology is a part of our daily life through work, school, or just to talk with friends and family. It is important to take time away from your phone. So unplug, bake some cookies, and read your favorite book!
5. The fifth, and final way is to date yourself. I’m serious, have a date night with yourself. Whether you stay in or got out, take the time to get to know what you like. You could take yourself shopping and out to you favorite restaurant or to watch a movie. If you want to stay in, you could put on a face mask, pour a glass of wine, and put your favorite movie or tv show on!
Also, remember to always practice self-care, not just when it comes to the point where you need it. You should incorporate small bits of self-care into every day and make sure to take a day, or a few each month, that you dedicate to practicing self-care! Your daily self-care could be as easy as a solid skincare routine that you take time on each night, maybe while listening to music, or it could be having a glass of wine and watching a guilty pleasure after a hard day at work!
Let me know your favorite ways to practice self-care in the comments below!